Any dinner recipe that requires minimal cooking effort and more importantly, minimal dishes, is a winner in my book. This “Italian Wonderpot” recipe I came across on Pinterest fit the bill in all the best ways. Full of yummy carbs? Check. Ready to eat in 30 minutes or less? Check. Only one pot to wash after? Check!
Here is the original recipe from Budget Bytes, though I adapted it for my own taste preferences and unwillingness to measure things properly 🙂
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 12oz pasta (any type of noodle – I used vermicelli, but I can imagine this working with both long and short cuts)
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 cups of chopped fresh spinach
- 1 small onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Dried basil, oregano, red pepper flake, and black pepper, all to taste – I used about 1 tablespoon of the first 3 and a dash of black pepper, but I think the spices just depend on what you like
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
Instructions: Put all ingredients in a large pot. Cover and cook on high until liquid boils. Uncover, reduce heat to medium, and stir so pasta doesn’t stick to the pot. Let cook until most of the liquid has evaporated or absorbed into the pasta.
So easy and delicious!
Also, since I ran 3 miles on the treadmill today, it’s cool that I ate 2 plates of this for dinner, right?